Thursday, March 12, 2015

Pattern: Link and Accessories from Legend of Zelda

A 9" tall amigurumi of Link from Legend of Zelda, with five accessories: a sword and sheath, Navi, Makar, a bomb, and a ChuChu. The pattern is available on Ravelry and on my Etsy shop. If you have any questions, feel free to email me at icrochetthings@gmail.com.

Gonna admit, I was quite proud of this one. Normally I am terrible at crocheting humans, but I think Link turned out pretty well. The Wind Waker style is easier to replicate in crochet than a realistic person. I also picked a couple of random items from the series to go with him. A sword and a bomb as some weapons, Navi and Makar because they're (some of) his partners, and a ChuChu because they're my favorite enemy for some reason.

Despite his giant head, Link will stand up on his own, though he is a bit finicky about it. The sheath fits comfortably around his body (make sure you put in on from the bottom up, it won't fit over his head), and his sword fits snug in the sheath.

If you like this and are a fan of the Zelda franchise, you might want to check out one of my (free!) patterns, a mini version of Link, here.

No comments:

Post a Comment