This is a 2DS Pokeball Cover! It is 5.5” tall and 6.5” wide, the perfect size for one 2DS. It can also fit a 3DS or a 3DS XL but it will not be quite as snug. You can download the pattern as a PDF here or you can find it below. Hopefully I will be able to sell these on my Etsy shop in the near future when my bank problems are resolved.
Instead of crocheting the button you should just sew on a regular white button, but unfortunately I didn't have any at the time so I had to improvise. However, I think it looks better this way as it gives it a more authentic Pokeball-ish look.
▪ Worsted weight yarn in white, black, red
▪ H hook (5.00 mm)
▪ Tapestry needle
You should know how to work in the round, increase, and change colors.
This is an icrochetthings original pattern © 2014. Do not claim as your own. Do not copy, sell, or distribute this pattern. Do not sell any products made from this pattern. Pokemon belongs to Nintendo.
Starting with white
1. ch 24, [sc] across, working on the opposite sides of the chs: [sc] across (46)2 – 9. [sc] around (46) – Break off white
10 – 11. Attach black – [sc] around (46) – Break off black
12 – 20. Attach red – [sc] around (46)
Stop here if you want to make just a sleeve. If you want a protective flap, continue with the pattern.
21 – 33. ch 1, turn, 23 sc (23)
34. ch 1, turn, 11 sc, ch 8, sk 1 st, sc in next st, 10 sc (30)
F/O, weave in loose ends
Starting with white
1. ch 2, 6 sc in 1st ch (6) – Break off white
2. Attach black – [inc] around (12)
F/O, leave long tail for sewing
See pictures above if you need help with placement
▪ Sew the button onto the front of the cover over the black stripe.▪ If you made a protective flap: make sure to sew only through the middle of the button. You will need the edge of the button to be free in order for the strap to wrap around the button. I have included a diagram of where you can sew for further clarification.
And that's it! Happy crocheting!